Floating therapy is a unique relaxation and healing method that involves 60-90 minute floating sessions in tanks of magnesium and sulfur. The magnesium sulphate solution, also known as Epsom salt, at a very high concentration (500 kg of salt per 1 ton of solution), is carefully controlled and maintained at 35 ° skin temperature during the floating session . Floating is done without the slightest effort at the surface of the water of only 25 cm (you do not have to know how to swim), being sustained in imponderability due to high density. The sessions are usually done individually, the tank having dimensions close to those of a jacuzzi. Simultaneously, physical and mental relaxation, thermal treatment, magnesium and sulfur intake, and ozone therapy are provided. (* – only available in the Aquarmony float tanks)
Epsom salt water therapy is a very new concept in our country, the first floating center being opened in Brasov in 2015 by Aquarmony. The high cost of tanks and filtration systems has been the main impediment that has made this therapy, despite its highly beneficial action, hardly accessible to the general public. Aquarmony’s innovation lies in the development of its own floating tanks at a much more affordable cost, but which at the same time offers an equivalent or even superior experience compared to import tanks.
The advantages as well as the major differences from the thermal or saline treatments are as follows:
- Saline lakes have the classic NaCl salt with sodium and chlorine as the main elements, while the floating basins contain MgSO4 with magnesium and sulfur as the main elements. The difference is essential.
- The density of the magnesium sulfate solution is unique: there are no balneary resorts with magnesium and sulfur rich at this concentration. The only one approaching this level is the Dead Sea, with a salinity level of 1.24 kg / l and 50% magnesium chloride. By comparison, floating tanks have a salinity level of 1.28 kg / l and magnesium sulfate at a concentration of over 99%.
- In the case of float tanks, privacy and peace of mind essential for healing come together with a quality of salts, purity and hygiene of water that can not be found in most balneary resorts or saline lakes.
- In saline lakes, it is only possible to float in the summer weather when the water temperature reaches a sufficiently high value. In the float tanks, treatment can be done at any time of the year, and the temperature is constantly maintained at the ideal body skin temperature.
- The cost of traveling and staying in balneary resorts is eliminated as the float tanks are usually in the city of residence, and at the end of the session customers are back home. For the same reason, therapy can be immediately available to those suffering from an acute crisis requiring rapid intervention, thus avoiding the use of drug or injectable treatment.
- Spa treatments and salt lakes can only be used in short periods, usually 1-2 weeks a year. Floating tank therapy can be consistently followed either by intensive 3-5 weekly sessions, or by weekly or bi-monthly maintenance subscriptions.
- The absorption of magnesium and sulfur through completely opened skin pores, at a comfortable and balanced temperature, is clearly superior to that offered by oral treatment with magnesium-based dietary supplements.
- Simultaneously with the magnesium salt float therapy in the Aquarmony premises, it is automatically used for ozone therapy, which is introduced into the air and water of the tank before each floating session.