Floating therapy is an unique relaxation and healing method that involves 60-90 minute floating sessions in tanks of magnesium and sulfur. The magnesium sulfate solution, also known as Epsom salt, at a very high concentration (500 kg of salt per 1 ton of solution), is carefully controlled and maintained at 35° C skin temperature during the floating session . Floating is done without the slightest effort at the surface of water of only 25 cm (you do not have to know to swim), being sustained in imponderability due to high density. The sessions are usually done individually, the tank having dimensions close to those of a jacuzzi. Simultaneously, physical and mental relaxation, thermal treatment, magnesium and sulfur intake, and *ozone therapy are provided. (* – only available in the Aquarmony premises)
Epsom salt water therapy is a very new concept in our country, the first floating tanks being opened in Brasov in 2015 by Aquarmony. The high cost of tanks and filtration systems has been the main impediment that has made this therapy, despite its highly beneficial action, hardly accessible to the general public. Aquarmony’s innovation lies in the development of its own floating tanks at a much more affordable cost, but which at the same time offers an equivalent or even superior experience compared to import tanks.
The advantages as well as the major differences from the thermal or saline treatments are as follows:
- Saline lakes have the classic NaCl sodium salt with sodium and chlorine as the main elements, while the floating tanks contain Epsom salt MgSO4 with magnesium and sulfur as the main elements.The difference is essential.
- The density of the magnesium sulfate solution is unique: there are no spa resorts with magnesium and sulfur rich at this concentration. The only one approaching this level is the Dead Sea, with a salinity level of 1.24kg / l and 50% magnesium chloride. By comparison, floating tanks have a salinity level of 1.28 kg / l and magnesium sulfate at a concentration of over 99%.
- In the case of float tanks, privacy and peace of mind essential for healing come in the package with a quality of salts, purity and hygiene of water that can not be found in most spa resorts or saline lakes.
- In saline lakes, it is only possible to float in the hot summer weather when the water temperature reaches a sufficiently high value. In the float tanks, treatment can be done at any time of the year, and the temperature is constantly maintained at the ideal body skin temperature.
- The cost of traveling and staying in spa resorts is eliminated as the float tanks are usually in the city of residence, and at the end of the session customers are back home. For the same reason, therapy can be immediately available to those suffering from an acute crisis requiring rapid intervention, thus avoiding the use of drug or injectable treatment.
- Spa treatments and salt lakes can only be used in short periods, usually 1-2 weeks a year. Floating tank therapy can be consistently followed either by intensive 3-5 weekly sessions, or by weekly or bi-monthly maintenance subscriptions.
- The absorption of magnesium and sulfur through completely opened skin pores, at a comfortable and balanced temperature, is clearly superior to that offered by oral treatment with magnesium-based dietary supplements.
- Simultaneously with the magnesium salt float therapy in the Aquarmony premises, it is automatically used for ozone therapy, which is introduced into the air and water of the tank before each floating session.
The list of health benefits is extremely numerous, there is a natural and complete physical therapy on the whole physical body, simultaneously with a relaxation at the mental level, those who are floating benefit from amelioration or even complete healing of the diseases listed below.
- relaxing bronchial muscles and normalizing breathing in:
– bronchial asthma with allergic connotations
– Asthma caused by infections, emotional states, stress, toxic environmental factors, smoking
- stimulates immune response in pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, common cold, conjunctivitis, otitis
- vestibular device: accidents, infections, internal ear inflammation, degraded hearing, diminish dizziness and vertigo
Muscle and bone tissue
- improves the synthesis of collagen in fibrous tissues – tendons, ligaments and skin
- recommended in fibromyalgia, arthritis, migraines, tendinitis, bursitis, inflammation, fractures
- accelerates the repair of muscle and bone tissue in post-operative accidents and recoveries
- accelerates the healing process of trauma, stretches the column by realigning the vertebral discs
- eliminates chronic neck and backache, muscle cramps that particularly affect the back and leg muscles until the tetany crisis
- energy metabolism – reduces chronic fatigue, lethargy, muscle cramps and muscle cramps
- metabolism of lipids, fatty acids, phospholipid acid
- assists physical performance by reducing and eliminating the accumulation of lactic acid from muscle fiber
Reproductive, menopausal and SPM
- maintain a healthy functioning of the reproductive apparatus
- hormonal balancing of women using contraceptives
- essential support in calcium metabolism, balancing bone density, prevents osteoporosis
- beneficial in PMS – attenuates pelvic, head, breast, foot and hand pain, pain in the muscles or joints, acne, constipation or diarrhea
- regulates and balances states of insomnia and depression, sudden changes in mood, irritability or anger
- improving the quality of life during pregnancy: decreases cramps, edema, tension on the spine, reducing the risk of premature birth or spontaneous abortion
- increases pain tolerance, helps to relax the uterus and healthy development of the fetus
- stimulates stress reduction by supporting the muscular and nervous balance necessary for both the mother and the child, facilitating the mitigation or even avoidance of posterior depression
- offers the opportunity for a deeper physical and emotional connection with the fetus
Cellular system and chronic diseases
- stabilize and repair lesions of DNA structures while maintaining the permeability and stability of pivotal membranes in maintaining physiological balance in anticancer cells
- reduces the toxicity of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- reduces oxidative stress by decreasing free radical production
- Diabetes – essential role – decreases insulin resistance, lowers blood glucose, helps prevent complications – the need for magnesium in major stages of insulin secretion and glucose metabolism (neuropathy, retinopathy, renal impairment, hypertension)
Remove toxins – kidney and liver
- balances calcium absorption at the cellular level and regulates excess calcium deposits in kidney lithiasis
- antioxidant, cell-level alkaline detoxification by removing existing toxins in tissues and organs
- relieves bile colic to disappear, reduces liver toxicity and accelerates its regeneration
- inhibits the absorption of heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides into tissues
- accelerated drainage of lymph, elimination of excess fluid and toxins from tissues
- support for diuretic treatments and thyroid extracts
- regulates the contractile function of the heart muscle
- reduces calcium deposition on the vessels, regulates serum cholesterol
- reduces angina pain from ischemic heart disease
- attenuates cardiac arrhythmias until disappearance
- an essential role in cardiac oxygenation in myocardial tissue necrosis
- improves thermal adjustment
- regulates and balances the adrenaline, cortisol and norepinephrine secretion of the adrenal glands
- essential help in stress, myocardial infarction, hypertension = modern society
- mediates digestive processes and prevents problems of: irritable colon, colic and abdominal bloating, constipation, colitis, gastroenteritis
- relieves discomfort and symptoms associated with hemorrhoids and other proctological diseases, helping to re-epithelialization and regenerate (heal and recover) the tissue
- increases immune system cell activity – mechanism of immunity stimulation, virus removal
- reducing the healing time for superficial skin wounds
- suppression of the sympathetic nervous system and activation of the parasympathetic in response to relaxation, healing, revitalization
- an important role in serotonin synthesis by supporting positive emotions and mood
- eliminating mental dysfunctions – depression, panic attacks, stress, insomnia, anxiety, unjustified agitation, memory disorders, autism
- improves insomnia until extinction by adjusting the sleep-wake cycle, restoring synapses and nerve connections
- prevention of strokes
- streamlines brain activity by minimizing sensory receptors
- the REST concept – Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy
- improves the power of concentration, the creative, analytical processes
- accelerates learning and memorization, being used as a tool in this respect
Other additions and essential information about Floating Therapy
- Magnesium deficiency causes a number of unpleasant manifestations: excessive emotionality , throat discomfort, irritability, sexual dysfunction, aggravation of degenerative rheumatism, allergy, anorexia, dizziness, anxiety, renal lithiasis, headache, abdominal colic, confusion, constipation alternating with diarrhea, muscle cramps, growth retardation, bone decalcification, biliary dyskinesia, angina pain, pharyngeal pain and dysphonia, nail fragility, hair and teeth, facial skin tetanus, visual fatigue, palpitations, paraesthesia, decreased immunity, decreased blood pressure , spasmophilia, depressive or hysteretic states, tachycardia, arrhythmias, tremors, heart disorders, menstrual disorders, gastro-duodenal ulcer.
- The very high concentration of magnesium that is absorbed immediately through the skin during floating (transdermal magnesium) becomes an easy addition to the magnesium deficiency diet, with net results superior to oral administrations.
- The float tank eliminates sources of noise, light, eliminates tactile-kinesthetic senses, and eliminates the gravity pressure on the whole body through the effect of imponderability. All these conditions are created, they provide a comfortable cure space for complete healing in peace and quiet.
- Like a perfect bath, it combines the benefits of a therapeutic massage, a deeply restful sleep as well as the peace of a meditation. Floating tanks are a simple but very powerful tool that can substantially improve the quality of life. People float to relieve stress, recover from accidents, physical or emotional trauma, treat chronic pain, and more.
- The enclosures of the float tanks are designed to provide a unique space to eliminate the greatest amount of external stimulus that require the nervous system. This unique space facilitates many benefits and applications for Health, Well-being and Personal Development.
- The floating consistency improves the body’s self-regulating homeostatic mechanisms. It eliminates chronic fatigue and essentially improves circadian rhythm, sleep-wake cycle.
- It is known that 90 minutes of floating is equivalent to the deep rest of 6-8 hours of sleep.